ZERO – The End of Prostate Cancer believes in the importance of peer-to-peer support programs to help improve mental health outcomes for men diagnosed with prostate cancer and their loved ones. Peer-to-peer support programs at ZERO come in multiple forms including online and location specific. These groups allow men and caregivers affected by prostate cancer to gain emotional support by providing a safe place to discuss concerns, feelings and hardships experienced due to prostate cancer.
We encourage you and your loved ones to join the ZERO community by participating in one or more of our free peer-to-peer support programs:
- Local Meetings: Us TOO Support Groups – join others, share experiences and gain support from others in your area who have also been affected by prostate cancer.
- Patient Mentors: ZERO MENtor Program – get matched with a trained ZERO MENtor who can offer experiences, insights, and support to help you make informed decisions.
- Caregiver Mentors: ZERO Caregiver Connector – ZERO’s Caregiver Connector Program offers peer-to-peer support for individuals currently caring for men diagnosed with prostate cancer, as well as those who have lost a loved one to this disease.
- Online Community: INSPIRE – connect online with patients, families, friends and caregivers to enhance the quality of life for all those affected by prostate cancer.
- Facebook Community: ZERO Connect – share stories, ask questions, get advice, and connect with other patients and caregivers in this non-public Facebook group.
Read the article at ZEROCancer.org.